Volunteer at the Humane Society
Volunteer a little and help save a lot!
Thank you for your interest in becoming a volunteer for the Humane Society of Cowlitz County. Since we are a non-profit agency we depend on volunteers like yourself for many of our activities. Our volunteer program is open to the public. Youth under 14 years of age are require to have adult supervision. If you would like to attend an orientation, please sign up here.
Depending on the area you would like to help in, you may be required to attend additional training classes.
See below for the areas in which we need volunteers.
- No Time Commitment
- GENERAL VOLUNTEER: There are a variety of opportunities in this area. This would be a good option for students who need hours for their senior project. As a general volunteer, you will not be handling dogs.
- 24 Hour Commitment (Minimum 2 hour shifts, set schedule, once a week for 3 months)
- DOG CARE ASSISTANT
- CAT CARE ASSISTANT
- FRONT LOBBY ASSISTANT
- LEVEL 1 DOG HANDLER
- 48 Hour Commitment (Minimum 2 hour shifts, set schedule, once a week for 6 months)
- LEVEL 2 DOG HANDLER (prerequisite – level 1 dog handler)
- LEVEL 3 DOG HANDLER (prerequisite – level 2 dog handler)
For more details, click here.
For additional questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 360-577-0151
Fred Meyer has a rewards program where you can help us get reward points also, and it won’t affect your points at all. Our number is 93481. Remember to use that number every time you shop at Fred Meyer!