Lost a Pet? Found a Pet?
Every day, pets get separated from their owners. If you have lost or found a pet, please make a new post to our Lost and Found page. Although this is a great tool still call the shelter at (360) 577-0151 if you have found or lost a pet to make a report. All posts will be deleted after 14 days. Humane Society stray posts will be deleted after 3 days from when the animal comes in.
Lost Pet Tips
Every year, hundreds of pets get separated from their owners. We are here to save your pet from harm and hold them until you can come get them. There is a fee for recovering an impounded animal.
If you are missing a pet, here are some suggestions for finding it.
- Call the animal shelter at (360) 577-0151 to file a lost pet report.
- Call the Lost Pet line at (360) 425-7000
- Call the shelter office at (360) 577-0151 and visit the office to view the animals personally, as your description may not match the one we give the animals we find.
- Visit the shelter daily to look for your pet.
- Place a lost pet ad in the newspaper and check the listings for found pet ads.
- Check with nearby convenience store.
- Notify nearby veterinary clinics.
- Ask your postal person if they have seen your pet on their route.
- Ask your newspaper delivery person if they have seen your pet on their route.
- Search Craigslist
Missing from our gated yard since 7/14, and we are broken-hearted. Blue is a lively, small redbone-weimaraner mix. She is about 49 pounds with a white patch on her chest and one white toenail. She is super-friendly and very sweet. Her ‘brother,’ a 9 month old Treeing Walker coonhound is depressed along with the rest of us.
Our fat, black and white, indoor only cat got out July 6th. He has chronic snotty nose (yes hes been to the vet). His name is Ferguson or Fergie for short. Normally friendly but because he is out of his element he’s going to be skiddish. No collar but he is microchipped. Went missing from Beacon Hill (Scenic View-McMillan Dr area). I have a live trap set but haven’t caught him. If someone sees him and catches him please contact HSCC or Riverside Animal Hospital.
Came to shelter 7/9/2019