Lost a Pet? Found a Pet?
Every day, pets get separated from their owners. If you have lost or found a pet, please make a new post to our Lost and Found page. Although this is a great tool still call the shelter at (360) 577-0151 if you have found or lost a pet to make a report. All posts will be deleted after 14 days. Humane Society stray posts will be deleted after 3 days from when the animal comes in.
Lost Pet Tips
Every year, hundreds of pets get separated from their owners. We are here to save your pet from harm and hold them until you can come get them. There is a fee for recovering an impounded animal.
If you are missing a pet, here are some suggestions for finding it.
- Call the animal shelter at (360) 577-0151 to file a lost pet report.
- Call the Lost Pet line at (360) 425-7000
- Call the shelter office at (360) 577-0151 and visit the office to view the animals personally, as your description may not match the one we give the animals we find.
- Visit the shelter daily to look for your pet.
- Place a lost pet ad in the newspaper and check the listings for found pet ads.
- Check with nearby convenience store.
- Notify nearby veterinary clinics.
- Ask your postal person if they have seen your pet on their route.
- Ask your newspaper delivery person if they have seen your pet on their route.
- Search Craigslist
May 8. Found this small, male chihuahua in the middle of Lewis River Hwy. in town by Arco. Jumped right in my car when I opened the door. Very friendly. No collar. No microchip. Black with gray mixed in. Gray muzzle and around eyes. Tries to mount my two females and growls at our cat. Likes the heating pad and to burrow into his blanket. Can still make puppies. Misses his family.
I’m beyond devastated. This is Sterling, who disappeared yesterday evening on Cedar Gates Road in Columbia Heights. I’m starting to believe there is a coyote that took Mr. Binx and Sterling. I heard coyotes howling nearby last night. Sterling is an 8-month old neutered and microchipped male. He is a smoky black domestic longhair with greyish white markings on his chest and belly, with a beautiful fluffy tail. Please call or text (503) 407-6796 if you see him or even see signs of an attack. Thank you.